THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Shomon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 09:34:18 -0400
Sheldon Silverman wrote:
<snip> My question is this: Can anyone recommed a FAQ or a site that
will give me a comprehensive description of my condition?

Sheldon:

Welcome to the group.  You can get a comprehensive list of annotated
links for all thyroid-related topics at a web site I developed, located
at http://thyroid.miningco.com.

Here's the section on hypothyroidism and Hashimotos.

--Mary

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

http://www.clark.net/pub/tfa/brochure/brochure-hypo.html
Hypothyroidism
This key Thyroid Foundation of America brochure discusses hypothyroidism
in depth

http://www.healthtouch.com/level1/leaflets/tfa/tfa010.htm
Thyroid Problems: Too Little Hormone
An easy-to-understand layperson's review of hypothyroidism.

http://the.quickpages.com/essential.nutrition/hypothy.txt
A Review of Hypothyroidism
This site presents a very interesting review of hypothyroidism, taking a
strongly nutritional approach to discussing the disease.

http://www-med.stanford.edu/school/DGIM/Teaching/Modules/hypothyroidism.html
Hypothyroidism  -- A Teaching Module
Blackford Middleton, MD, Stanford Division of General Internal Medicine,
developed this hypothyroidism teaching module. It provides a good
overview of hypothyroidism.

http://www.healthy.net/LIBRARY/Articles/Schacter/hypothyr.d.htmThe
Diagnosis and Treatment of Hypothyroidism
This is an interesting and easy to understand article on the diagnosis
and treatment of hypothyroidism, written in 1996 by Michael Schachter,
M.D., P.C.

http://www.healthy.net/LIBRARY/Books/Hoffman/Immune/hypothyroid.htm
Hypothyroidism (Myxedema)
This article by David L. Hoffman, M.N.I.M.H. provides a good review of
the basic information on hypothyroidism.

http://the.quickpages.com:80/essential.nutrition/hypothy.txt
A Review of Hypothyroidism
A thorough 1994 research paper written by Dr. John A. Allocca, Sc.D. ,
that overviews hypothyroidism in a detailed but fairly non-technical
manner, and adds a nutitional perspective.

http://www.familyinternet.com/peds/scr/000371sc.htm
Thyroiditis
This Family Internet page offers an excellent overview of various forms
of thyroidits, including Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  The site defines the
illness, discusses causes, incidence, and risk factors, symptoms, and
treatment.  One of the most useful features is linking to information
regarding the specific tests used to diagnose thyroid problems.

http://www.medicinenet.com/mainmenu/encyclop/article/art_h/hypothyr.htm
MedicineNet's review of hypothyroidism
Simple, easy-to-understand description of hypothyroidism