THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 22:24:04 -0400
Ms Nicola Newton-Wade wrote:

> On another note, in my desperate search for wellness, I attended a
> naturopath last night, and she said that people with thyroid diseases
> as > well as staying well away from kelp/iodine (especially for Hashi
> people), > should stay well away from soy and soy products such as tofu, tempeh,
> soy > milk etc.  She also included lethicin in this (somehow soy based??)
>
> I have no idea why.  Has anyone heard of this??

I don't know the connection, but having to avoid estrogen I keep my eye
out for any
mention of it. Today I came across something that said that soy contains
estrogen. I don't
know what the connection might be to Hashi.

I'm working on 2 different computers, 2 providers so I have four file
locations for e-mail.
I haven't got it organized yet, or my life for that matter. When I find
the reference I'll try
to give you more information.

Nan