Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:12:11 -0800

Dear Betsy,

Thank you for visiting our web site and taking the time to write. We
 sincerely appreciate your interest in Fetzer Wines.

We appreciate your concern in regards to gluten-free foods. As perhaps
 your own investigations have disclosed, wine itself is gluten free.
 However, there may be some possible contamination from other sources,
 including yeast, fining agents, filters, fortifying alcohol, and barrel
 sealing materials.

We have done some investigating ourselves, including contacting our
 vendors of such materials.  In the case of the yeast, fining agents and
 filters, the answer was basically negative. All of these materials are
 gluten free. We do use a flour paste  to seal the barrels used to age our
 wine. While a minute amount of gluten may find its way into the wine
 from this source, we have had independent testing performed by
 researchers at the University of Nebraska, and their results indicate the amount
 is below detection levels.

There is also the possibility that gluten could be present in the
 packaging materials in which wines are shipped. As for the fortifying
 alcohol question, we do not produce any fortified wines at all.

Our best recommendation is as with any other kind of manufactured food
 product, individuals must decide for themselves based on their
 knowledge of their own degree of gluten intolerance and advice from their
 doctor.

We hope that this has helped answer your questions regarding our
 products. Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

Best regards,

Elaine
Fetzer
Every day deserves a great finish.
We make our wine responsibly. Please drink it responsibly.

*******
*******