VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 21:40:31 -0700
Hi,
Just thought I'd pass along a warning about Driver Guide at

www.driverguide.com

From time to time over the years, I've used driverguide.com to search for
and download a variety of device drivers.  It had been a while since I'd
been there, but today I re-registered, for free, fortunately, and went
looking for a driver for an S3G Unichrome Pro IGP video adapter.  After a
good deal of searching, I finally found it, clicked on the download and was
immediately confronted with a captcha, which, needless to say, stopped me
dead in my tracks. To say that I was annoyed was putting it mildly.  I
promptly sent a note off to the webmaster expressing my displeasure.

If any of you have a driverguide account, have had occasion to use
driverguide.com successfully in the past, and are as displeased about the
use of captcha as I am, I would urge you to write to the webmaster and
express your opinion.

If anybody out there knows of a captcha-free source for drivers of all
sorts, please let me know.  I have a machine at the lab that's down for the
count and I need to get it running soon. Thanks in advance.

Tom

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]