From:
Stephen McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 19:04:24 +0000
Hi, are you sure that the grub partition is on the second hard drive?
Can't you just format the second hard drive.
Fixmbr will wipe your boot partition completely and I suspect will
mess up your existing win partitions. Windows is not my current OS but
I remember the problems I had with it and other OS's or do you just
have Win XP on the first drive.  The fixmbr option will restore your
old bootloader and it doesn't matter if you had Win 2000 on before as
the Win XP bootloader would overwrite the 2000 bootloader and restore
access to your C drive and you just manually repair the other
partitions. What partitions are on the first drive as what you've
written indicate you've a C partition on the second drive? Sorry for
all the questions but it's a bit unclear.
Steve.

--
You look a little burned out my friend. I guess it must be up to me.

Mr Z.

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml