From:
Ron Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:23:13 -0700
A good and simple way to check if you actually need an upgrade in RAM is to check the performance tab on your task manager while doing normal usage and then again under heavy usage. If your commit charge is higher than the amount of physical RAM (not virtual!) you have then you should upgrade. This would mean your system is running off of your hard disks page file, which greatly reduces performance. More so if you start up your computer and this commit charge is higher than the amount of physical RAM you either have too many things on your start up or your in dire need of an upgrade. Hope this helps.