NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pamela Brundage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:28:10 -0400
For those of you who are not FAAN members, I received this a few minutes ago
and thought I'd pass it on. Guess I'll be stocking up on Pop Tarts before
the change over.
Pammi B

FROM: The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network and The Kellogg North America
Company

RE: Reformulation of Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts to include a milk ingredient

The Kellogg North America Company is reformulating Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts
toaster pastries.  Whey, a milk ingredient, will be added to the formula of
all brown sugar cinnamon and fruit flavor varieties of this product.  This
formula change is scheduled to appear in stores beginning October 2004.  All
Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts brown sugar cinnamon and fruit flavor varieties produced
prior to this date do not contain milk ingredients.

Consumers will find whey in the ingredients listing and milk will be
included in the allergen box, located on the ingredient side panel.  This
ingredient change will affect all available sizes of Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts
brown sugar cinnamon and fruit flavor varieties.  Now all Kellogg’s
Pop-Tarts toaster pastries will contain a milk ingredient.

Consumers with questions regarding this product change can contact Kellogg
Company toll-free at (800) 962-1413 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET
or visit the website at Kelloggs.com.