From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:16:51 -0700
  The "dumping physical memory" isn't the real problem -- the computer has
been told to do that *in the event of a crash*.  To really solve the
problem, you'll need to find out what is causing the crash that is leading
to the dumping of memory.

  (If you were a Microsoft programmer, the file of "dumped" memory *might*
contain useful clues to understanding the crash -- since you're not, it's
just taking up disk space.)

  I believe the relevant setting is a checkbox in the "System" applet of the
Control Panel.  Turn it off, and maybe you'll see the error code etc the
next time it crashes, and folks here can help with that.

David Gillett

On 9 Jun 2008 at 15:50, Laurel wrote:

> I have an older desktop Plus Data computer running Windows 2000
> Professional. Occasionally I will get the message "beginning dump of
> physical memory." Nothing happens but I have to turn it off to get it
> to boot up again and continue with whatever I was doing. It also
> happens when it is hibernating. Occasionally I turn the monitor on
> again and the message is there. Is there anything I can do to prevent
> this or does my old computer have "arthritis" of old age? Thanks for
> the help.
> Laurel

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml