From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:44:16 -0500
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:35:32 -0500, Geoffrey Purcell
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ...involving lifting great weights throughout the day(an example being
> jobs at railway-stations lifting heavy weights constantly). He would
> point out how incredibly strong and fit(and slim) his older mentors
> became after doing those jobs for years. ....
>
> In short, given the now abundant food-supply available, and the sheer
> lack of opprtunity to do the kind of exercise hunter-gatherers carried
> out every day, it is becoming ever more difficult to stay slim while on
> a cooked-food diet of any kind.

I doubt hunter-gatherers spent 8 hours a day lifting heavy objects.  But I
do get your point.  Humanity has invented all sorts of labor-saving
devices, making jobs easier and himself weaker in the process.   No
argument there.  My point was just that there are opportunities for people
to use and move their bodies, even strenuously so if they desire to, but
it may require a little imagination to come up with them outside of things
people perceive as "exercise".

--
   Robert Kesterson