Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:46:12 -0400
Brenda Young wrote:
> Wow, that's fast!!  So do you think the low carbs plays a part in
> that, too, or does the pemmican sorta stand alone, at least in the
> SVT department??  (OK, I know nothing really stands alone in the
> diet/health department, but you know what I mean...).  Boy, I'd hate
> to give up some of my "comfort carbs", but in the interest of no
> heart-poundies I would seriously consider it.
>
> Love, Bren, missing grilled cheese sammies already, hehe

I've been trying to train myself to never eat any of the things I used
to love, because they are proven (on myself, by me) to do harm, so when
anyone mentions something I really enjoyed it is like torture and I get
a flash of the urge to kill.

The zero carb/pemmican are like two sides of the same thing, so from the
results it looks like we are actually obligate carnivores (I know you
recognize the phrase because I used to be on a raw cat list).
Carbohydrates are poison to the high fat eater, supported by a study
from 2001 which showed that those who eat more than 37% or 50% (I
forget) become more sensitive to high blood sugar; I think that that was
what caused the stroke.

So yes, you will have to give up all the comfort poisons. The good part
is that there will be no craving (fat satisfies) so you won't miss them
until you read on the internet a mention of  chocolate eclair or
mother's peach pie or the world's best spaghetti sauce & wine, or ...
sorry about that. ;)

William