Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 May 2008 09:57:41 -0500
> Paleogal wrote:
>>
>> I believe cooking evolved us for one simple reason. Nutrients become more
>> bio-available when cooked.

I should have stated the evidence of nutrient bioavailability in greens,
specifically.    Brain evolution/expansion.

> Au contraire. Consider the evils of pasteurized milk, compared to raw.
> There's also Mercola's comments on the nasties created by cooking meat.

Paleo man didn't drink milk.

The neuro protection is in nutrient bioavailability of B-complex.  That's
veggies and of course fruit but why cook fruit and destroy C.?  Paleo man
would have cooked his meat if given the opportunity. It's tastier, warmer,
juicier, etc.  I know I would have done so.

>> I also can imagine that cooking came into existence with a bolt of
>> lighting that started a fire. Oliva
>>

> IIRC There isn't any story that indicates that Thor was ever concerned
> about cooking.
> I prefer evil space aliens seducing Eve, maybe a variant of Z. Sitchin's
> "The Twelfth Planet".

I've never read it.