From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 19:06:46 +0100
On 5 May 2008, at 04:55, Ron Hoggan wrote:

> We also have a tendency to think that we have to pay for it if it is
> any good, and the more we pay the better it is.

True, it's the same thing that has people paying 10x the market rate
for branded painkillers.

> You might be interested in Gary Taubes' book, Good Calories, Bad
> Calories.
> It is, in my opinion, excellent!

I've seen a lot of discussion about it, it's definitely one I want to
read.

> Mostly because I was eating mostly meat and there were few social
> functions
> where I could eat so I had to either bring my own or forego eating.
> Either
> Way I felt like I was on the outside looking in.

Hmm, I feel like that too, most of the time in fact.  But I don't eat
out often enough that it's a problem.  Usually I can find something
that's close enough to paleo that I'll eat, failing that I have no
issue with not eating, unless I'm drinking.  I find that when there's
a mixture of paleo and non-paleo foods around, everyone eats the
sandwiches and mini pizzas before the chicken drumsticks and salad.

> That makes good sense to me. I'm thinking about another stint of
> ketosis
> just
> Because of how well I feel on it.

It just got warm here in the UK and (like every summer) my appetite
for mashed root veg has been replaced by an appetite for fruit and
chilled salad.  So if I was going to go low low low carb now would be
the time.

Incidentally, does anyone else get a really dramatic change in
appetite in hot weather?

> Deep ketosis seems to halt reproduction of cancer cells in most
> types of
> cancer.

Do you know if the cancer will die off?  Or will it just remain at its
current size indefinitely?

Ashley