Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 May 2008 23:07:37 -0500
Paleogal wrote:

> They don't appear to be running on sidewalks or treadmills.  The ground is
> cushioned.....  ex.,"Fourteen Tarahumara are running with us, and to be
> sure
> they're challenged, Caballo has mapped a brutal course. He has us fording
> rivers, climbing 2,000-foot hills, and scrambling up scree-covered trails"
> The scree is an uphill thing, not running on cement.   Sounds paleo to
> me....     Oliva

Why would anyone want to run on cement?  most of them have nature trails or
hiking/jogging trails and such to run on.

My point is this, these runners are outside in fresh air, doing a circuit
training. They're not running as we do.  There are numerous people out
running on the street with the traffic and air pollutants or on a treadmill
in the gym.  Most don't have nature trails on which to run, no rivers to
cross, or hills/mountains to scramble up.   We'll agree to disagree. Oliva