From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 00:27:19 +0100
On Jul 01, 2007, at 2:01 pm, Kristina K. Carlton wrote:

> I have to admit I feel best when I stick to
> protein, lettuce, and oil.

Me too, but since cherries and strawberries came into season I've
virtually bankrupted myself buying the things (seriously!  I think I
have an addiction).  I struggle to find a line on the amount of fruit
I can eat before I start feeling groggy, so I usually tend to be
cautious.  Fortunately the fruits I like most are relatively low
carb, or as least it's not practical to over-eat on them so I don't
do too bad.

I don't mind eating a mostly meat and veg diet.  In fact I only
bother to prepare veg if I'm hungry - if I prepare some meat and eat
it before I do any veg, often I don't bother.  I'm sure I could quite
easily go a week with no veg if I had a supply of cooked meat.  But
as it happens I eat plenty of veg, and it's surprising how much
variety you can still get if you hunt out different veg at the
shops.  Unless you're really carb-intolerant, you can have a
different root (just one) each day of the week, with one or two
different types of leafy veg and maybe something more unusual.  Just
have to be prepared to eat anything.

Ashley