Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 14:32:48 -0500
 And the English were fairly WELL nourished compared to some others, the
French for example.

Try the Japanese serfs. Even the Europeans thought they were tiny,
bow-legged little things. The current generation, fed on MacDonalds and
milk, is at least reaching towards normal stature. Imagine a diet worse than
modern ones.

When I think of the worst aspects of neolithic diets, I have  in my minds