NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Weavre Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:14:29 -0500
Hello, Amanda,

Apparently the Depo-Provera injection is the only dairy-free birth control
option ... I've recently been looking into this, as my hormone levels are
off--because of the amount of soy milk I drink! (So, I get enough calcium
and vitamin D, but too much almost-estrogen!) But, sure enough, as soon as
my doctor prescribed ortho-tricycline as a start to try to restore the
hormone balance, my pharmacist flagged it as not an option due to the
lactose, and here we were in the endless circle. The good news is that the
Depo-Provera may actually work better for hormone balance, as it's a
progesterone-only formula . but I don't know that for sure.

Let me know what happens with you. I'm getting very interested now, hearing
that this is so much more common than I suspected!

Weavre Cooper

What we haven't learnt since the beginning of time is that if we stand in
the mid-day sun, our shadows on the ground are the same colour.

--Jim T., Amnesty International discussion group participant on Care2.com