BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 10:37:37 +1000
On Wed, Aug 13, 1997 at 07:39:10PM -0400, Richard Caloggero wrote:
>      Hi.  I want to run telnet from a dos virtual machine in windows
> 95.  The only version of telnet I've used thus far, novell's tnvt220,
> uses odi and windows tcpip stacks use ndis. Supposedly, ncsa telnet
> uses packet drivers, which can run under ndis using a shim. I have a
> 3com 3c59x busmaster card.  Where can I find the appropriate pieces for
> free.  Does any of this make any sense to anyone? I'm very new at this
> PC networking stuff. I've read a little, but am no expert *yet*.
Hi. I found a console mode windows 95 telnet client on www.windows95.com
I suggest going to that site, and looking in the telnet section which is under network utilities.
I have had no success in convincing packet drivers, etc to function under win95.
I did manage to convince a packet driver to load, but couldn't use any dos-based networking software.
Personally, I prefer to telnet from within windows using crt. It works very well with speech and supports zmodem uploads and downloads.
If you happen to convince a packet driver to function under win95, I would dearly love to know about it.
BTW kermit (available from kermit.cc.columbia.edu) is a much better dos telnet
client than ncsa telnet, which I found to be difficult with speech, and generally network unfriendly.
Hope some of this helps.
Aaron

--
Aaron Howell.   Q.U.T Equity Department, Technical Support/Training.
work: [log in to unmask]       Linux/Networking Support.