VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ray Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:05:51 -0500
Hello:

I'm working with someone that needs to copy e-mail messages that he has
saved in a folder in Outlook Express from a Windows 98 machine to a
Windows XP machine.  He will also be using OE on the XP machine.  We
took a look at the export sub menu under the OE file menu and the only
option there that would work for him is to use the messages option which
exports to an outlook or exchange format.  When I tried this I got an
"Error Initializing MAPI" message.

I know that all of the OE folders are stored in files with a ".dbx"
extension, however, I do not believe you can copy these files to a
floppy disk or CD and then copy them directly onto the XP machine.  I
seem to remember getting myself in trouble trying that when I moved from
98 to XP.

So, does anyone know of a good way to copy saved e-mail messages in OE
from 98 to XP?  Note I'm talkking about e-mail messages, not the address
book which can be exported to a ".csv" file.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)