ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cecily Ballenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:48:54 -0800
Hi, all, I'm sending this message out to many people to tell them that I
have discovered a wonderful wealth of materials for those of us who want to
take a break from the grind and monotony of the work-a-day world and unwind
and be creative and worship God and have fun that there are a number of
courses on tape and CD for those who want to play the piano by ear.  Many of
them are on loan from the Library of Congress Music Section, but they can
also be purchased for permanent use for pleasure or for church or fun at
family gatherings.  The majority of the materials are for piano to teach all
kinds of music by ear from hyms and worship choruses to classical to popular
and folk and show tunes.  The number for course questions and for purchase
info is 1-888-778-1828.  The number for the library music section is
1-800-424-8567, and press 2 when you hear the automated announcment and you
may get a live response, but if not, there will be voice mail and they will
call you back if you leave a message.  We're all at different levels and
tastes and walks of life and whether we can see or not, we want to learn
songs and these resources will teach how to make music from the very
beginning.

Their website is http://www.musicfortheblind.com

or

http://www.pianofortheblind.com

No print or braille music is needed to learn from the piano by ear library
and everything you are to do is spoken on the tape, no videos or flashcards.
I hope many of you will take advantage of this fantastic resource and pass
it on to others and enjoy the benefit of listening to and/or playing great
music of all kinds.  If anyone wants to consult privately about this, please
feel free to reach me at [log in to unmask]  Please let people on other
lists with musicians or blind people on them know of this as I'm not able to
be on every email list and I want to make folks aware of this great thing
I've found.  I appologize for the lists to whom I've not been able to write
in a while as I've been busy with my job as a medical transcriptionist and
many other things.  Have a blessed day.

This email was sent to: [log in to unmask]