THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:17:04 EST
From:   Peggy Ramsden <[log in to unmask]>

 The startup package has several doses in 7.5 mcg increments up to 45, I
think.  Then you can combine the amounts until you get what you need.  (The
pharmacy near Dr. Michael is used
to doing this, and each dose was a different color.)

Color coding is nice, isn't it?  Unless you happen to have multiple
allergies, food sensitivities, or simply don't like to ingest dyes.  I always
specify I want mine to be dye and color free.  The plastic alone, if you take
too many of the 7.5 pills is enough to cause indigestion. Probably why the
starter pack includes 7.5, 15, 22.5, and 37.5 dosages.  It is annoying that
each different dose seems to be subject to the insurance co-pay requirement.

Be aware that there are a lot of quality problems with the compounding so if
one happens to be on this regimen and it doesn't work, it could be a pharmacy
problem.  The main ingredient is either T3 powder or Cytomel.  When my
pharmacist couldn't get the dosage of Cytomel he needed once, he switched to
T3 powder and it didn't work well.  Cytomel as the active ingredient works
much better for me.

Skipper

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!