ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:00:21 -0600
Jenifer,

I haven't been posting much due to my hands.  Since about mid December,
especially in my left hand at that time, I began experiencing tingling and
numbness in my finger tips.  It is now in my right hand as well but about 75
percent less intensity.  Unfortunately, I just cannot type as long and as
much as I used to and some days are worse than others.  Yesterday, for
example, my right wrist and finger joints ached and my thumb joint looked as
if it had swollen to twice its normal size.  When my joints in my hands and
wrists start hurting, some days they burn, some days they just ache, and
some days they itch like crazy.  I began noticing, as I would proof read an
email reply to someone, that letters at the beginning of words and often at
the end of words were missing and I'd have to make corrections.  I finally
realized I wasn't always feeling the key depress because some of my fingers
were so tingly.  Sandy thinks it could very well be diabetic neuropathy pain
but last summer, I noticed one day, that if I tilted my head and neck a
certain angle to the left and back, my left index finger would suddenly
start tingling and if I did it long enough, I could make my finger go numb.
I had my annual physical in early March, told the doctor all this stuff, he
tested for finger and toe sensitivity with a tuning fork and I could feel
all of that but the strength of my hands diminishes the longer I type to the
point, I just can't stand the feeling so I quit.  I'm thinking about going
back to the doctor and getting him to put me through an MRI to find out if
anything is going on in my back.  My lower back has been giving me a great
deal of trouble, off and on, for the last two years.  So, I haven't been
writing articles as much or emails either as a result.  I am going to begin
putting more audio recordings on my website instead of written articles.  I
finished my first teaching but I have to update my computer a little to be
able to use the software to produce the MP3 recordings in order to edit and
upload the files.  I'm hoping to do that when our free, newly printed,
federal reserve money, comes in May.  Of course, we have to pay income tax
on this free money they federal reserve has printed up just for us across
the country, which somehow seems unfair, and it is likely it won't help much
but it is better than a kick in the head.  So, since my hands aren't too bad
right now, I gave you the longer answer.

Phil.