THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 15:26:22 -0700
I was just diagnosed as having Hashimoto's.  So far, my doctor just wants to
monitor my progress.  I don't know if I should be changing my lifestyle in
anyway and my doc doesn't really have any good advise.  Can anyone help me?
I'm a little scared right now because I don't know much about Hashimoto's.
I'm not sure if there is anything to do... or that I should be doing.  In
fact, another doctor said that I should be getting a second opinion.  The
other doctor said that I had symptoms of having Grave's disease.  I've been
getting all sorts of blood tests and I'm not always sure about what it
means.  My TSH was .01 and my T4 and T3 levels were normal... I took some
antibody test and it was 1250. (supposedly under 2 is considered normal)

I'm pretty confused right now... so if any of you went through this or you
have any insight, PLEASE let me know...

Thanks.  Any little bit of information helps.