THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 13:37:42 -0400
I have a question that I have not been able to find the answer to or seen
discussed here.  I recently had a subtotal thyroidectomy.  After the surgery,
the doctor told me that the thyroid glands were inflammed and not functioning
at all.  The question is why did the tests come back normal if the thyroid
gland was not functioning?  Are the tests not all always 100% sure?

Deborah