THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Janice L. Hurst" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 14:23:39 -0500
>I want clinics where people can meet others in the
>same boat and not feel alone ( in 18 years I have
>never been in the same waiting room as some one
>with thyroid disease ) I actually thought I had some
>sort of rare thing. What a shock to read Patsy Westcott
>say it is more prevalent in women than diabetes.

I never realized that thyroid disease was more prvelent in women than
diabetes.  I really have been hit with a double wammy as I am also diabetic.
I wonder if there is a connection between my thyroid and the times when my
diabetes is out of control as it is this morning.

>I want doctors to be receptive to the use of alternative therapies
>along side convential therapies in *all areas* of medicine.
> How can people have faith if doctors don't have conviction?

As a person with life threatening allergies what I do when I go to my
doctor, I listen to what he says my problem is and then I go home and get
out my books and see how I can eleviate my problems through food or whatever.

>Carol
>First posted in Alt Support Thyroid as;

Carol can you tell me a little about this Alt Support Thyroid group.  Is it
a chat line, an e-mail discussion group and how do I get on?

Thanks.

Janice