THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Steve T. Sutter" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 10:39:17 -0500
Hi Larry,
    It does seem that we are the minority. I guess it is proportional to
the statistics. I think possibly the fact that I am a male may have delayed
my being diagnosed hypothyroid, even after continual complaints to the
doctors regarding some classical hypothyroid symptoms. Even now when I tell
people I am hypothyroid many of them say " isn't that a womens disease".
    To make matters even worse, my neighbor who works for County Mental
Health, and after telling her of my hypothyroid condition, went on to tell
me that many of their mental patients are hypothyroid. She may have meant
well, but I can't say I really appreciated the correlation.
     Just thought I'd let you know your not alone, there are other men in
the group too.

Best of luck and welcome, Steve