THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
JM/AK Shawyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 1997 07:26:59 -0700
At 11:46 AM 8/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I also have "hypogammaglobulinemia" which is a long, long name for a severe
>deficiency in producing gamma globulin.  I get IVs of IGg once a month, but
>it still hasn't helped with a chronic susceptibility to bacterial infections.
> Does anyone else with thyroid problems have this condition?  Or a similar
>one?
>
>Also, I would really like to try Armour instead of Synthroid.  Does anyone
>know a doctor in Orange County, California?  Or a referral source?

Patti, Armour can make a big difference.  You might try telling your doctor
that
you want to try a trial (3 or 6 month, whatever you're comfortable with) of
Armour,
and if he won't prescribe it for you ask for the name of someone who will.
He probably
doesn't want to lose you as a patient over something like this.

Tell us more about the "hypogammaglobulineamia", how did you get dx'd,
symptoms, etc.
I've never heard of that before.

Alice Shawyer