THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 07:35:00 -0400
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Cathy J. Troester wrote:

>      Do any of you wear med-alert bracelets or necklaces with your
>      prescriptions on them? I'm trying to decide whether to get one (I
>      suppose it's important for emergencies to have my meds listed
>      somewhere). If you do, do you also include your doc's name and number
>      for emergency people to call for more info on your condition(s)?

I wear one.  It was a suggestion of an Emergency Room doctor.  A few years
ago I passed out and was taken to an emergency room in another state.  I
was awake by the time I got there and able to tell them about my thyroid
problems, but the doctor suggested it wouldn't be a bad idea if I got one.
Mine simply says "I Take Thyroid".