THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DEANNA BERMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:04:57 EDT
On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:02:54 +0200 vera <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Hi everyone,
>  But there was no actual difference between the two.  Then
>he
>said that he would prefer it if I took the iodine injections.  It was
>up to
>me.  So I thought about it and I told him that if there was no
>difference
>between the two, I would choose the medication instead of the
>injections.
>But if there's no difference between the two, why would he prefer the
>injections?  I've been thinking about it and I get more and more
>confused.

Since patient noncompliance with medication recomendations/prescriptions
is a HUGE problem for the medical profession, it does not surprise me
that he'd prefer you have injections. He would KNOW whether you are
taking it or not. And he'd know if you encounter problems along the way
-- without your having to schedule (and pay for, or have insurance pay
for) full doctor's visits.

Deanna
>My major symptom is dizziness and I was told that this would disappear
>very
>quickly with the medication.  So far (after almost 3 months) it
>hasn't, not
>one little bit.  Would it have gone away faster if I had chosen the
>injections?  In other words, do iodine injections work faster?
>I have regular blood tests and my latest blood test shows that my
>thyroid
>gland is almost working normal again.  So how come there's no
>improvement
>in my dizziness?

What does your doctor say? Does he know that you are still having the
problem? If not, just call his office. It may be something as simple as
changing the way you take your dose.