THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Ramsden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 01:07:48 -0400
In a message dated 97-07-11 10:09:55 EDT, Sharon B. wrote):

<< About 2 years ago I was diagnosed Type II diabetic--...because I'd been
hypoglycemic for a long time >>

Amazing!  In 1973 a diabetic doctor diagnosed me with hypoglycemia.  I was
passing out when the blood sugar got too low.  (Hypothyroid since ten,
hyperinsulin symptoms since age 11 and a raging sugarholic.)  He also said
I'd probably become diabetic around middle age.  Changed my eating habits
drastically and did pretty well with my diet if I had sufficient useful T4
and T3 in my system.  Twenty plus years later, the two doctors I fired (with
"violent" tongue lashings due to my low cholesterol?;-) said hypoglycemia or
hyperinsulin doesn't exist.  And the current endo says it does exist but
there is no evidence that hypoglycemics become diabetic.  Now I can tell him,
"Look around.  There is evidence in real people!"  And I'll continue to watch
my diet and blood sugar, just in case.  Thanks for sharing.

SloMoPeg <[log in to unmask]>