THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 13:43:34 -0400
I'm way way behind in my reading.  Can someone please summarize the iron
interference information for me.  I've been mentioning it to my Dr for
months that I think iron interferes but he said he never heard anything
about it.  Now the time has come to lower my meds a bit and for the first
time the pharmacy's information sheet says to avoid taking irotn
preparations or aluminum containign antacids within 2 hours of taking this
medicine.  Problem is that when I mentioned I was taking iron to my dr he
said I didn't need it and should stop.

I guess my question is what will stopping the iron and lowering dose at the
same time do to me?