THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Shomon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 16:47:36 -0400
Margaret McClintock Snyder wrote:

> Well, I have a petite papier report on our visit to Dr. Cannon,
> the thoracic surgeon. We entered, bearing a note from our daughter
> giving us permission to talk to him, since she is taking finals.
<snip>

On behalf of the Petite Papier Club, anyone have a problem if I award
Margaret with the
                            MAY
                     Petite Papier Club
                    VALOR IN COMBAT AWARD

Whew!! Sorry you had to go through what was obviously not a pleasant
experience, but SO glad that you are out there, taking charge of your
daughter's situation, asking questions, and ensuring that she'll get the
best possible care.  We can only hope that the next time someone wants
to ask a question, this doctor *might* not be such an arrogant buffoon,
though with this guy, I doubt it.

I have no doubt that you will find the right doctor to partner with you
and your daughter in ensuring that she gets the best care. It just may
take you some time, research and a few trial runs like this one.

It's kind of the same as the old "you've got to kiss a lot of toads
before you find the prince."  Consider yourself having kissed a big old
toad, wipe off your lips, and keep looking!!!!

More power to you!!!

Mary