ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:57:22 -0700
Sharon,

Of course it is a pun, or at least two thirds of a pun, P U.  Besides, I
don't think you are too harsh.  Besides, God knows a good joke when He hears
one.  I was reading the story the other day about how Moses went up on the
mountain to talk with God and when he came down, Aaron was trying to say,
Well, I just tossed in the gold earrings and all into the fire and out came
this calf.  Yeah, sure.  So Moses goes back up on the mountain and God says,
Stand aside and I'll consume the whole bunch of them and start a new nation
out of you.  Moses begs and says, Oh, no, Lord, you can't do that.  Then the
other nations will hear about it and think you are a mean God.  Try and tell
me God doesn't have a sense of humor.  That is a super funny story.

Phil.

Phil.