From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:53:56 -0700

Hi!  I didn't receive any responses from the list
or Blue Moon's website (I had sent them an
email).  However, I did call the Woodcliff Lake
location and spoke to the general manager, Dave.
It took some coaxing but I got the ingredients to
their salsa.  I called the manufacturers and the
salsa seems to be safe!  The manager was helpful
and patient with my many questions and a couple
of phone calls.  One call was simply about the
tortillas!  I think they are safe unprepared.
Everything, including the chips, are fried in the
same fryer.  The truth is I never checked on the
grill issue.  The gluten free concept seemed new
to them and they offered to bake corn tortillas
for me - maybe for a burrito or something. They
have a chicken that was marinated in the salsa
but instead I opted for a grilled chicken breast
marinated in honey and Rose's lime juice.  After
all the work I did, I had some salsa on the side
with the chicken.  I asked the waitress for some
salsa on the side and she wanted me to eat the
salsa that was with the chips (since it was the
same salsa and despite the fact that people were
dipping gluten in it) - she didn't get it.  When
she did bring it out, I was worried that maybe
the salsa was recycled from previous salsa bowls,
and then I wasn't so worried about gluten...
Although I don't know if that's what is done
there, I am aware that it is done in many places,
and I'm a bit of a paranoid germaphobe...  It was
a bridal shower/party and although I would never
normally do it, I just went with it!  It was a
fun atmosphere, the manager was helpful, and I
didn't get sick (which doesn't really mean
anything but -).  It's always risky eating out
whether there's a gf menu or you walk in off the
street and ask for help.  As long as someone can
answer questions and try to assist me, and I feel
comfortable (at least semi-), then I'm happy!

*******
*******