From:
Dennis Ashuk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Ashuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 08:44:55 -0600

Summary of my original request:  My wife will be in San Diego at the end of April.
Looking for GF restaurants in the Horton Plaza and Seaport Village areas only as we
only have one day.

I thank all who have responded.  The few suggestions have helped a great deal.

The following are a summary of the responses received.

-	In Seaport Village there is a sea food restaurant right on the water that
does gluten free
-
-	Go to  glutenfreeinsd.com and click on SD Restaurants.
-
- 	Check on www.glutenfreeinsd.com.  There are several chains with GF menu items
that have locations downtown, as well as some restaurants recommended by GF eaters.

-     There are a couple of good summaries in the archives. I use Google Maps to
familiarize myself with any area. As you zoom in or out for detail, you can see the
area names or the street names, search for addresses etc. -
http://maps.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=68259

-	I know there are several restaurants at the Seaport Village, and I was able
to find meals.  I do know there was a really good fish restaurant right near the San
Diego Maritime Museum on the waterfront (long walk, but walking distance to Seaport
Village...if memory serves me right...you'd have to look at a map, plus I don't know
how much you like to walk), where I've had many successful meals. I think it's
Anthony's Fish Grotto.

I found this link to the restaurants in the Seaport Village. You can try calling
ahead to see if they can accommodate you.
http://www.seaportvillage.com/restaurants/

Here's a link to restaurants near Horton Plaza. Scroll down to the list below where
they're asking you for information. It even tells you what type of place it is and
how many miles from Horton Plaza...
http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaurants/near-15215601-United_States_California_San_D
iego_DowntownGaslamp_District_The_Westin_Horton_Plaza_restaurants.html
Again, from this link, you can get a list of restaurants and call ahead.

-	I ate at 2 restaurants in Seaport Village but can only remember the name of
the one really at the end near the battleships. It's called the Market. The other was
a wooden building and both were very familiar with Celiac.

-	The Seafood Village has lots of fish restaurants and just tell them to not
flour the fish.

-	  I think that your easiest way is to mapquest each restaurant to the Horton
Plaza and Seaside Village.
  	  Horton Plaza: 324 Horton Plaza San Diego, CA 92101.
Seaside Village
Seaport Village
849 West Harbor Drive
San Diego, California 92101