From:
Kimberly Hedstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kimberly Hedstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:01:58 -0700

I am wondering how to go about starting to track my GF grocery expenses for tax deductions.  I am a biopsy confirmed celiac and have some questions about the tax deduction and would appreciate hearing from people who are succesfully tracking expenses and filing for the tax deduction.

Do you have a system for tracking expenses and receipts?   How do you track the difference between GF and "regular" food as I understand that is the amount we are allowed to deduct?  Do you have some sort of list of the common items you buy?

Where do you record your expenses on your taxes?  Is it part of medical expenses and if so does it need to be a certain percentage of your AGI?

Any help is appreciated.  I will summarize my responses.

Thanks!
Kim in Colorado