From:
Raven Creature <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Raven Creature <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2008 03:02:29 -0600

I just made this, made up the recipe as I went along and it turned out
fabulous. The carrots and lentils make it sweet, while the sage, thyme and
dill give the flavours a new freshness. Caramelizing the onions also adds to
the sweetness of the dish. It's surprisingly hearty and the root vegs make
it good for the cold weather. Enjoy!

1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped small
5 small red potatoes, washed and chopped
1 Tbsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf
2-3 sage leaves
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 cup orange (red split) lentils
2 cups water or stock
1/2 bunch fresh dill weed, destemmed and chopped

Saute onions at low heat for about 8 minutes with a little salt. Add carrots
and potatoes, saute for 10 minutes. Add thyme, bay leaf, sage and
peppercorns, stir and cook for one minute. Add lentils and water or stock.
Cover and cook until lentils, potatoes and carrots are done. Add dill, and
salt to taste. Remove bay leaf and sage leaves.

~Raven Creature
http://ravencreature.com/

*******
*******