From:
June Brettler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:49:21 -0500

To most of us celiacs who do not have a reaction to bean flour it does us a disservice to write to the companies which use bean flour to say it is a problem for a lot of celiacs.? You got 30 responses out of the many thousands on this list?? who do not respond to? a post about something that is not problematic to us.

Most of the breads we celiacs are allowed to have are nutritionally deficient compared to breads made from gluten containing whole grains.? Even when we use the more nutritious of the GF flours like brown rice and sorghum flours, they have to be mixed with nutrient deficient GF grains to make a bread.?

I am, and am sure there are many other celiacs, that are happy to have bread mixes that contain bean flours which offer more fiber, protein and other nutrients.

June in NY