From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 12:20:41 -0400
I agree with you about the north east US. My base and mobile equipment all
has CTCSS active, I don't have much choice. Especially night time in the
spring and summer. I don't need repeaters in there just breaking squelch
constantly, or holding up my scanning of the local ones. I'm not much of a
UHF/VHF person due to a lot of things going on recently but I monitor
repeaters with the clubs I belong to so people know where to find me if by
some strange chance they might actually want to.