From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:20:21 -0400
I had the exact same problem with an HP machine last year.  Started shutting down more and more frequently until I could not get it to boot.  I took it to a shop when it finally quit.  HP had not put ONE SINGLE CASE FAN in the machine! and it had literally burned up - blew capacitors.

I will NEVER buy an HP anything again.  I researched and ordered parts, with cooling being primary - got an aluminum case with extra room inside - three 120mm fans.  I put it together myself on the bench of a local shop, which I paid $75 just to be there if I had a problem.  My hands weren't strong enough to push in the processor and I asked a few questions.  Other than that - a cakewalk.

I hope overheating is not your problem, but if  you bought an HP, it is probably toast - literally.

AnnaSummers

JST wrote:
> When I start my computer, it suddenly shuts down in the process. Then
> I try it again couple of time, then it works. I keep it running all
> the day. Only once or twice it also closed when it was on and i went
> to take my lunch .that happened only twice in the last month, but
> problem at the start is almost daily now.
>
> Is it power supply or my hard drive coming down or my power conection
> ? something is wrong somewhere, plz advise
>
> I m running XP with sp2 installed, Ram is 2 gig, HD is 160 gig, a
> fairly new machine
>
> Jagpal Singh Tiwana
> Dartmouth, Canada

                     support at our newest website: