From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:48:48 -0400
Hi Rick.

Yes, putting up a J-pole horizontally for 2 meter SSB actually works.  You
end up with a bi-directional pattern similar to using a dipole, but it does
do the job.  I did this one year when I wanted to get onto the June VHF
Contest, and did not have an available beam for 2 meter SSB
work.  Obviously, it wasn't as nice as having a beam, but I put in a
respectable effort, just the same.

73, de Lou K2LKK