Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 22:05:37 -0700
Hi
     Some new information on my mike trouble.. I pulled out my trusty
talking malty meter and found that when the mike is in receive mode there is
0 ohms impedance between the ground and the receive wire. When I key the
mike the impedance jumps to 3 ohms. This appears low enough that the
receiver is still engaged. I am pondering if there is a partial short in the
plug or if the issue is in the mike head. Right now I am to the point that I
want to figure out this  problem just for the principle of the thing. When I
turn the mike gain down the rig has good audio.
     I appreciate every ones insights.

Thank you God bless,
Mark
-- Currently in Pendleton, Eastern Oregon Regional At Pendleton, Oregon
Partly Cloudy, 77.0°