From:
Bill Deatherage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:19:17 -0400
Hello to all,
I have a few questions that I am sure that will sound stupidto most of you.  I was wondering if the satellite is like a repeater where you  transmit on one frequency and it recieves the signal and transmits it back on another.  Also,  does it cover a greater distance than most repeaters?  Besides the chalenge of working it what is the advantages of working satellites over repeaters?
I was also wondering if any one on the list has worked earth moon earth.  or moon bounce.  I have heard of it gbut don't know a lot about it.  I am sure it isn't anything you can do if living in an apartment.  I think it might be interesting to hear about different modes  people have tried.  and how it worked with speach.  When I lived in a moble home and used ASAP that was when many people were still using DOSS.  I tried working RTTY.  I made a few contacts.  One was to a station in Mexico.  Another question I had was is there a way to set JAWS to read call signs letter by letter instead of pronouncing them as words?
take care and 73's.
Bill