From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 22:03:24 -0400
Hi, Folks.

Well, I have successfully installed my second TMV71A in our family vehicle,
but have been dealing with one small problem.

It's just one of those anoying aggravation types of things.

Those of you with the old TMV7a's may remember that, when you buy the
mounting kit, you get a little plastic holder to set the control head in,
which you can then velcro to wherever you want it in the vehicle.

Well, with the extension kit that comes with the newer TMV71A, you don't get
such a plastic holder.  In other words, you just have the control head
itself, to which you attach the rig interface cable.

I certainly don't want to stick velcro to the back of the control head,
since someday I may want to put it directly back onto the radio.

My other option would be to somehow mount the control panel on the dash
board, by putting the velcro on the base of the control head right below the
tuning and VFO knobs, but I don't think it's a good idea to expose the
control head to intense sunlight, and to have it so visually apparent.

My XYL has made me a little foam rubber sleeve in which I can put the
control head, and then velcro it to where I want it in the car, but it just
doesn't seem like we should have to do that.

Of course, you can get the "mounting panel" accessory for another $45, but
that seems like an awful lot to me.

Anyway, I'm just interested in other peoples' thoughts and experiences on
mounting the control head, and how you solved the problem.

73 from Tom behler:  KB8TYJ