Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:14:11 -0600
42 years ago today, April 25, 1966, at the Nebraska school for the blind 45
miles south of Omaha, I received my novice license.  I ran for the ham shack
on the ground floor, and while friends sat around listening, I made my first
on air contact.  I was, at that time, WN0ORO, and my first contact at about
4:15 PM in the afternoon was WN0OHO who lived out in the middle of Nebraska.
We remained friends for many years before I lost track of him.  I think we
were on 37 15 KHz.  I was using an A T 1 and SX99 receiver at the time.
After our supper that night, I repeated the process and worked 80 meters for
a couple of hours.  I was 14 years old and loved my novice days
tremendously.

Phil.
K0NX

Aiming For The Stars