From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:32:07 -0500
Gery Gaubert writes:
>10 meters.  I will say that I hae noticed not much going on on 10-20.  40 a
>nd 80 seem to have action and I am wonderng if this is normal for this time
> of year and the current stage of the sun spot cycle.

	It's unfortunately quite normal, especially for this
stage of the Solar Cycle. While it is always good to give a spin
of the dial through ten meters, you will start hearing a lot
more there beginning possibly in late April and Early May. This
is the Summer Sporadic E season and is not related to Sun Spots.

	The good stuff will last until late July and sometimes
show up in Early August and even in to September, but it will
pretty much go bust by Fall.

	In 1 to 3 years, ten meters will be crammed full of long
DX especially during the Winter months so take heart.

	At and near the peak of the Solar Cycle, ten will be
open to somewhere just about every day.

	If the cycle is really good, 6 meters will open during
the Winter months, also. It won't open as often as ten, but
you'll sure hear plenty of stuff there also.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer