From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:52:46 -0700
remember, the 480 has reversed mike ground, which may throw some extra
resistance into the circuit somewhere, so the microphone may work, but some
of its functions won't.
It'll probably even key the 480, but you won't get audio out of it, and
probably a bunch of loud buzzing due to the reversed mike wires.
Its not a problem to wire a box for any of the kenwood rigs if they all use
this high and low resister set up to control function keys.
Its just a matter of knowing the mike pinouts for all the rigs, either 8 pin
round, or 8 pin RJ45 and building and wiring the connecters and the box
accordingly.
The key is the resister values and weather they stay the same throughout the
kenwood line.
The MC45 and MC45DM work on any kenwood radio, it just has to have the right
wiring on the 8 pin round, or RJ45 jacks.
I use the mc45dm on the ts2000 all the time, it is just wired to a round
jack, and i used one on the TM V7A as well, just with an RJ45.  So
obviously, at least those two radios, use the same resister combinations to
control function keys since they both work identically as far as the
function keys and keypad goes.
The combination i listed here, for an RJ45 jack, was in relation to a
kenwood TM455 all mode radio, and was in the instructions to build an
automatic doppler shift box for satelite work.
I suppose a person could email kenwood tech support and find out for sure if
there are any alterations through the lines of rigs that supported function
keys.
The mike jack and wiring there of is the least of the technical complexity
in this project.
73
Colin, V A6BKX