Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:58:31 -0500
Hi Fred;
It really comes down to how much help will you have and how much do you want
to spend?  I think you first have to decide if you are putting up a tower?
You then have to take a look at the capacity of the tower and the size of
the antenna.  I previously had very good luck with mosley although I put up
much smaller beams.  Also some of the 40 meter add on kits give you a
rotatable dipole as opposed to a real 40 meter beam.  You also need to talk
to the folks who will be helping with construction.  I once had a nice new
add on kit for 17 and 12 meters for a beam which was initially a tribander.
Unfortunately the folks helping with construction insisted that "I didn't
want to use that kit".  So eventually it was sold after never leaving the
box.
You want something that will need as little maintenance as possible if there
is such a thing.
Richard