Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:07:28 -0700
hey all:
well, so far, I am making good progress.
I found out that the 22K and 100K resisters from pin 3 and pin 4 to ground
on the mike jack, do indeed control all four PF buttons, on the ts2000 and
tm455 anyway.
And of course, the same without a resister controls the up/down functions.
So, we have that question out of the way.  Now, I wonder if its universal.
I suspect that if it works on the ts-2000, its probably going to work on any
of the other kenwood radios that utilize the mc45DM or utilize pf keys.
I mean, the instructions i got were for a TM455, which i believe is an older
radio?

So, now it is just a matter of putting everything together.  That is,
soldering up all the connections with resisters, and mounting the switches
and connecter in the project box...and then the most fun, soldering an 8
wire cat5 cable to the 8 pin microphone connecter....yay.
I am willing to bet that the electronics place i went to the other day will
make up custom cables for a not too exorbadant cost.
Perhaps i'll get them to solder those tiny little things instead of me
fighting with it.
73
Colin, V A6BKX