Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 08:56:30 -0700
From:
Kate Farquhar-Shirley <[log in to unmask]>

Hello everyone-
I have been monitoring this list since I first suspected my mother had
celiac disease.  She has now had a biopsy, and the disease is confirmed.
My question (probably the first of many) is this:
How long before she can start eating "normal" GF foods?  She has been
having problems since she was a child, but just grinned and bore it
because the doctors didn't believe anything was wrong with her.  She is
50 now, and at the point where almost anything she eats except potatoes
gives her problems.  I understand that it takes a while for the intestine
to recover, but how long?  Does anyone have any
suggestions/advice/personal stories about this?  Thanks so much!
Kate Farquhar-Shirley