ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:55:18 -0600
Jen Honey,

I just read your story about your abortion and how you were treated.
Do not feel alone, my love. I had one, too, August 27, 1979. I was
living with the man who became my first husband, Roy, in Phoenix,
Arizona. We conceived a child on May 13, 1979.

When I told him I was pregnant, he threatened to send me back to
Columbus. I said absolutely not, I would be the black sheep of the
family if he did that. So he got a gun and put the business end of
the gun to my head, telling me to get rid of it or else. You think I
didn't cry? Sure I did! I cried till I didn't think I could cry
anymore, and then it started over again.

I called my aunt about 90 miles away from Phoenix and asked her to go
with me, and she said she would.

Planned Parenthood is a really skanky place to go, but at that time,
it was cheap, only 140 dollars. I had to have cash with me for that
amount when I went in for the procedure, as you said.

Fortunately, I had counseling for alternatives to abortion before
they'd do the procedure. They talked to me about adoption, etc., but,
somehow, I knew, and this was true, that I couldn't carry the baby to
term. I had endometriosis. I ended up having a hysterectomy four years later.

Anyway, they gave me ten milligrams of Valium, which relaxed me and I
sorta didn't care what happened, but I didn't go to sleep. I asked
questions as the procedure was happening.

Afterward, I blew these clots about the size of a silver dollar, and
did that for two weeks. I had the most miserable cramping I'd ever
had in my life. That was the endometriosis doing its thing.

After the abortion, my soon-to-be-husband wouldn't touch me, and even
after my hysterectomy.

We were married in 1980, and that lasted three years, after which I
divorced the S O B and married the love of my life, John Parry.

I just wanted you to know you weren't alone, and the place you had
your abortion done was exactly like the one I had mine done in.

I'd love to call you sometime, if you'd care to write me privately
with your phone number.

Thank God I found Jesus in 1982!!!!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

Reeva Parry